As a hire customer you want to know that the headphones you rent from us are clean and hygienic.
When on hire, over-ear headphones are typically in contact with the wearer’s ears and the top of their head. When our headphones return we stringently process, clean and re-seal them, so that they are pristine for the next customer.
The steps in our headphone hygiene process;
- When the headphones arrive back, our team handle them with disposable, nitrile gloves and we inspect them for cleanliness. If there is a serious cleanliness issue with the headset we take it out of hired circulation.
- Any fabric areas on the headphones and their accessories (typically inside the ear enclosures) are gently brushed to remove any caught lint, etc.
- The headphones, their control switches and their accessories (charging cables, etc) are wiped down using disposable, anti-bacterial wipes which are capable of killing 99% of bacteria including MRSA, as well as flu viruses like H1N1. After leaving the wipes to do their thing we wipe the headphones down with a soft cloth to remove any potential streaks left behind by these wipes.
- We pack the headphones in individual bags and seal them ready for their next hire. The next time they will be touched will be by the customer.
How Can I Keep Headphones Clean at an Event?
If you’re running a professional event and your hired headphones are being used by different guests (for example, at a conference or at an exhibition stand) cleanliness will be on your mind.
To avoid any potential cross-contamination you should consider;
- Purchasing disposable single-use, headphone ear covers that protect the wearer’s ears from direct contacting with the headphone ear-pads. Disposable covers are available, so please contact us for more details.
- Place close to the headphones disposable anti-bacterial wipes and a set of simple cleaning instructions for your guests. We find that simple, non-streaking everyday anti-bacterial wipes like these Sainsbury’s wipes are excellent. Like disposable ear covers this approach visibly demonstrates your commitment to your guests’ safety and this can’t be anything but positive.