Place Over Ears requests a small, refundable deposit for every item you rent from us. You can see these amounts in your shopping basket, and we don’t charge your payment method for these deposits at the time of your order.
Deposits are later chargeable if you return the kit late, if you lose any of the accessories, or if you cosmetically degrade the kit (for example, if you or one of your headphone guests excessively soil or deface our equipment).
Deposits don’t cover against the loss, theft, or breakage of hired audio kit from Place Over Ears whilst it is in your possession.
The vast majority of headphones are hired without a glitch. In the very rare case of either loss, theft, or total breakage of hire headphones, we’ll calculate a final charge to replace the headphones, which will be;
For any non-Place Over Ears branded headphones;
- The price we paid for the headphones less any discretionary amounts we agree
- Plus, an administration charge of £15.00 to re-order a replacement product(s)
For Place Over Ears branded equipment;
- POE Wireless Event Headphones – £36.00 per
- POE Silent Disco Headphones – £46.00 per
- POE UHF Headphone Transmitter – £164.00 per
- POE UHF Portable Headphone Transmitter – £198.00 per
- SD Headphone Charger (16 multi, UK mains) – £32.00 per
- Plus, an administration charge of £15 to re-order replacement product(s)
With this in mind, if you’re working or travelling with our hired equipment, it’s well worth arranging suitable event or personal insurance for any potential loss or theft.
Your hires will begin their return to us the working day that follows your last day of hire. So that you don’t miss this return date, we will;
- Clearly state on you hire documents your hire start and your hire end dates
- Automatically send you a reminder email on your last day of hire
Late fees are chargeable if your hired equipment does not begin its journey back to us on the working day that follows your last day of hire. For each day that the kit is delayed in return we will charge a daily penalty fee. This fee is the equivalent of a daily hire fee for a hire that would last 2 days. We’ll continue to charge this late penalty for up to 21 days of delay in return.
Missing or Damaged Accessories
If the headphones accessories (cases, cables, adaptors, etc.) are missing or damaged. To replace these accessories, we charge;
- Hard carry cases – £22.00
- Soft carry pouches – £18.00
- Leads – £10.00
- Adaptors – £10.00
- Instruction manuals – £10.00
Light soiling will be cleaned free of charge and is part of our hygiene standards.
However, if the headphones are excessively stained (food, liquids, etc.) and its performance has not been affected, as a minimum we will charge a standard £15.00 cleaning charge.
If the item has been damaged by excessive soiling and or wear and tear (beyond what could be considered reasonable), the item may be identified as irreparably damaged and we may seek reimbursement for the loss of the product or any replacement parts, as well as an administration fee of £15.00.
Please see our hire terms and conditions for more information.